Peking duck recipe
Peking duck recipe is delicious, and it can be served with both plum sauce and fruitsauce
- A small bowl
- Serving platter
- Preheated oven
- oven rack
- a large pot
- Rosting pan
- 1 whole duck
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 sliced orange
- chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ cup plum jam
- ¼ cup chopped chutney
- Firstly rinse the duck inside out and using a paper towel, pat it.
- In a small bowl, mix ginger, cloves, white pepper, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of the dry mixture into the cavity of the duck.
- Add two tablespoon of soy sauce to the dry mixture and stir it.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the body of the duck.
- Cut one onion, and tuck it inside the cavity of the duck.
- Marinate it for at least 2 hours.
- Place the duck on the rack and steam it for an hour in a large pot.
- Using two spoons lift the duck and drain onion and juices from its cavity.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the duck breast side up in the roasting pan. Carefully prick the skin of duck using a fork.
- Roast it for 30 minutes in the oven.
- During roasting, mix honey and soy sauce in a bowl and brush the honey mixture onto the duck after 30 minutes.
- Turn on the heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and roast the duck for 5 minutes
- Prepare the duck sauce by mixing sugar, plum, vinegar, and chutney in a bowl.
- Place the roasted duck in the serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley and orange slices.
- Use the sauce for dipping and enjoy this dish.